GENIKI Bank follows a designed Environmental Policy aiming to incorporate practices for the protection of the environment in its daily operations and procedures and thus reduce the direct impact of its activities on the environment. Furthermore, the environmental consequences of its business activity (as a result of energy and water consumption, the waste produced and the business travels) are announced on an annual basis, based on specific environmental indicators.
Responsible real estate management
In GENIKI Bank, in order for the buildings in which we operate to be energy efficient and to reduce the carbon dioxide emissions from their use and the consumption of water, we perform the following indicative actions:
- Replacement of old glazing sides of branches with new double glazing of insulating type.
- Placement of blinds and awnings to the sides of the branches in order to reduce the thermal radiation.
- Upgrading of the ventilation networks with modern air conditioning systems and regular servicing of the machinery and equipment for optimum performance.
- Adjustment of the air conditioning thermostats to operate within the standards of comfort and contribute to energy saving.
- Installment of modern systems for the automation and scheduling of the operation of air-conditioning.
- Replacement of lamps with new types of lower energy class B or C
- Replacement of the washing basin containers in the WCs with new dual-energy for water saving.
Within the framework of energy saving from the usage of IT systems, GENIKI Bank runs a Green Management Program for these systems. The aim is to reduce the energy consumption and also to optimize the management of the Bank’s equipment. More specifically the actions that have been actualized are:
- Replacement of a large number of the Bank's computer room servers with new servers with lower energy consumption.
- Use of VTL technology (Virtual severs).
- Gradual turning off of all the servers in the Network.
- Automatic turning off of all PCs after working hours.
- Reorganization of the number of printers in the Headquarters building and replacement of old printers with new - more economical ones and with lower consumption.
- Installation of duplex printing functionality on the printers.
- Use of computer applications for electronic management / archiving of documents.
In the concept of the better management of waste we produce and thus the reduction of the pollution of the environment, in GENIKI Bank we systematically recycle the paper and toners we consume as well as all the electrical and electronic equipment used.
Reduction of business trips
In GENIKI Bank we use teleconference & videoconference systems in order to improve long-distance communications and thus to reduce business trips.
Information to employees
In GENIKI Bank we enhance the ecological behaviour of the Bank’s employees through the issuance of a Best Practices Guide for the management of energy, water and the recycling of the waste which is available in the Bank's Intranet. Our goal is to ensure that each of us will contribute in the reduction of his/her environmental footprint.